1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, peeled and diced
2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped finely
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup vegetable stock (low salt)
1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Spinach, roughly chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
What to do
- In a large pan, add the oil and saute the onion and ginger until softened. Add the garlic and saute for a further minute.
- Add the cumin, cinnamon, coriander, cayenne pepper, veg stock, tomatoes and the chopped squash. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until the squash is soft.
- Add the chickpeas and spinach, leave for a further few minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Add the lime juice and stir.
- Serve with a small portion of rice or quinoa, or you could add some white fish such as cod.